This soldering station is known to be packed with completely exciting brand-new functions that are sure to leave you stunned. When purchased, it comes with an ST3 tip, base unit, and a soldering iron, as well as a built-in iron stand. Its amazing features also make it one of the best soldering stations in the market.
Weller Wlc100 is quite old and still been manufactured to date. This is a clear indication that it is one of the best. It is a simple device that not only gets the job done but also does it efficiently. Also, it is budget friendly. This could be why it is recommended for beginners. In this article, we will look at this device in detail.
Why is Weller Wlc100 the Best Model?
Because of its extraordinary features, this is known to be one of the best soldering stations in the market. Also, it is budget friendly and has a simple design that attracts most beginners as their first soldering station to use. For enhanced portability, it is light in weight.
This device also caters to technicians, hobbyists, and people who work on dainty electrical connections. The reason why these groups reach for this soldering station is because of flexibility when adjusting the temperature and the accuracy of the results which does not leave damage to what is being soldered.
- It is budget friendly. When on a tight budget, but you still need some soldering work to do, this is a good choice. At its price, you get state of the art features that other models do not come with. Can it get better than that?
- It is durable. The tip of the soldering iron is made of an iron-plated copper tip that is able to withstand the heat and thus making it last longer.
- Good for beginners. This soldering station has been designed in a way that it is simple and can easily be used by those folks who are learning to solder for the first time and who also want the soldering process to run smoothly.
- On/off switch. It not only comes with an on/off switch, but it also has an indicator light showing power on. So anytime you switch it on, the light will be an indicator that it is time to start soldering.
- Most soldering stations come with temperature information. However, this device does not come with one which can be a hustle when you want to determine the power levels.
- Depending on the soldering tip, it can take some time to get the appropriate wattage at first.
Features of Weller Wlc100 Soldering Station
Lightweight Pencil Iron
This is one of the important features that DIYers, technicians and other users of a soldering station normally go for. This is because a light pencil iron equals comfort, which equals good results. Also, the operator can use such a tool for a long period without feeling tired or hands getting numb.
Adjustable Variable Power Controls
A feature that distinguishes the Weller Wlc 100 from other soldering stations in the market is the ability to adjust the variable power controls with ease. With this soldering station, you can adjust the power controls from five to 40 watts by just turning the knob on the base unit. It is really that simple.
Also, you can easily get to know the right temperature you need depending on what is being soldered. Not to forget the “ON/OFF” switch and indicator light that shows “power-on”. This indicator light works like a somewhat safety feature that helps you to avoid leaving the hot soldering iron on by accident.
For durability, you get an ST3 iron-plated 1/8-inch screwdriver tip. The Weller soldering tips are normally made of nickel, chromium, solid copper or plated with iron. This ensures that they are well protected against solder creep and corrosion. Some tips normally come pre-tinned with metals such as lead solder and tin. This is all a means of making them corrosion resistant, thus long-lasting.
The manufacturers at Weller ensure that they maintain a high standard of safety. This is evidenced by the built-in guard iron holder which keeps the soldering iron ready when needed. In addition, it provides a safe environment that helps the user minimize the risk of getting into an accident or having an injury. The devices, with the Weller Wlc100 included, are constantly tested to ensure the highest level of safety is maintained.
Design and Construction
First and foremost, it has been designed simply which is great for beginners. It is also a compact soldering station that does not take up much space in your working area. The soldering station has a control panel that has the knob and power switch.
The knob has been constructed with 5 dials so that you can easily set the wattage you require. For the base, there is a space set aside for the sponge that may look small at first, but a little water is all you need to make it expand to your desired size.
For added comfort, the soldering iron has been designed with a foam grip that is cushioned, and thus, in turn, sits very well on your hand as you solder away. Also, the soldering iron comes with a heating element that is replaceable. This means that you can keep using the same iron for a long period of time. From this, you can clearly see that this is a really well thought out soldering station that offers you great quality.